What You Need to Know About the Latest Facebook Pages Update
There is a new update for Facebook Pages coming our way, and it will require your attention if you are using your pages for anything in your business.
While the changes are meant to make the page appear more organized and enable people to access your information easier, there are a few details that might be unpleasant to some, even if this update is something of a cosmetic overhaul. Let’s take a peek at how this is rolling out.
New changes to your Facebook Pages
- A single column Timeline – The biggest change you’ll notice is that your Timeline is going to show up on the right side of the page. The left column will now be devoted to all of your business info, along with pictures and videos.
- Significantly wider pages – The Page now measures a huge 511 pixels, up from 403 before. This is more than a 25 percent bump over the space you had previously. You’ll now be able to insert bigger images, and make you post more visually exciting.
- Where’s the Like button? – Okay, you might not like this one. The Like button is now getting overlaid on your cover image. So, if you have an image that’s busy or otherwise crowded, the Like button may not get noticed at all.
- Apps pushed down – Another not so fun one: your Apps are now on the left side of the page, and are in danger of getting pushed even further down the page because of the advent of the new Similar Pages feature.
- The new Similar Pages feature – This one comes into view when a person likes your page or one of your apps, and effectively shoves your Apps down below it. Even worse, it may contain your competitor’s pages!
Even though presently you have to choose to use the new design, there will very likely be a time when you won’t get that choice. Even if you aren’t thrilled by all the changes, at least it’s more organized and visually cleaner, so that’s a plus.