8 Tips to Increase Your Email Opt-ins
True since the beginning of marketing, maintaining and developing a customer and prospect list is the surest way to long term growth in your business, large or small.
With that being said, it’s our job to do as good as possible at making sure we are getting fresh leads into our opt-in boxes each and every day. To achieve this, there are several tactics you’ll want to employ. Let’s have a look at 8 ways to make your inbox burst with new leads!
8 Tips for a crowded email opt-in box!
- Give away something of value – The majority of people will need or want a strong reason to add you to their already overflowing inbox. To get over this, be sure and offer a valuable piece that will fit their needs. This can be an ebook, report, whitepaper, video or other lead bait.
- Don’t ask for way too much information – All you really need is their email, and possibly their name if you’re picky; demanding too much info these days makes people think you work for the NSA!
- Use testimonials alongside your form – When someone else has trusted you, especially someone they might have heard of, is a fantastic way to provide social proof to help secure the opt-in.
- Test your button text – You don’t have to opt for “Subscribe” on your button. There are many other words that may work better for you. Again, testing is the only way to know.
- Utilize pop-up opt-in forms – As much as we often despise pop-ups, But they work well. Do your reader (and yourself) a favor and limit it to one, ideally appearing when they are about to leave or have been on the site for some time.
- Use a call to action – People simply won’t do it unless you call them to it! Make sure you ask, offer something of value, and be bold about it!
- Tell them exactly what to do – In the language you use, don’t mince words. Say things like “Click here now to get access to this underground video!”
- Use great imagery – Letting readers get a peek at what they are opting in for, or who you are, or another appropriate image that makes this offer attractive is a wise thing to do, and can help increase opt-ins!