How to Get the Most from Your Google+ Pages
It has taken some time for Google+ to find its legs, and now that is has, watch out! The total number of registered monthly users has grown into a not so insignificant 540 million, and the +1 button is getting clicked more than 5 billion times per day! With all this action, it’s time to take a good look at how you can use this for your small business.
With the chance for better search rankings, together with targeted direct traffic coming from your efforts it can really pay off to optimize your Google+ property. Let’s look into some ways to do just that.
Getting the most from your Google+ Page
Here are 5 ways you can help yourself with your Google+ page.
- Complete your Google+ Profile – Ensuring that you fill in all the fields in your Google+ profiler will go a long way toward helping your Page become found well in search and also in Google+. Make it an exercise in promoting your business in the most favorable way.
- Utilize a Google+ Page – This will not only aid in helping you get found in search, the targeted messaging features combined with the opportunities to brand yourself and your business are critical.
- Make use of the Google +1 button – Getting your readers in the habit of clicking this leads to more visitors, and a greater reach than you could conjure up on your own. This gooses search rankings and your authorship.
- Optimize your Title and URLs – Be sure to use the form in your title tag: Your Site Name – Google+. This will help in the search results. Also, the common (old) Google+ URL looked something like this: https://plus.google.com/1234567892022332. As an alternative, opt to use the new URL, which will append your company name rather than the numbers.
- Take advantage of the links! – Links in your introduction and also links to other websites are dofollow. Use this!
Google+ can deliver you a ton of authority, and a fortune in direct traffic and social signals. Be sure to include a strategy for using Google+ in your marketing mix!