See These 15 Social Media Marketing Tips to Help your Business
Everyone’s got to start somewhere, and social media is just too big a sea of people not to dip your toe into. Instead of allowing yourself to feel overwhelmed, take a peek at these 15 social media tips here and see if they don’t help you to get out of the starting gate and on your way to a lively, effective social media presence.
15 Social Media Marketing Tips for Beginners!
1. Use images in your posts – This is a great way to keep people interested in what you have to offer.
2. Post regularly – Logging in and posting every once in a while is just not going to cut it.
3. Engage your visitors – Take the time to reply to all of the comments you receive from others. This can help you connect with your target audience, and get them further down the road to knowing, liking and trusting you.
4. Don’t oversell – (Notice I didn’t say “Don’t sell”.) Pushing too hard to sell your products and services is a huge turn-off in social media.
5. Be hashtag responsible – Guard against overusing hashtags. While they are useful for increasing user engagement, don’t go crazy here.
6. Stay relevant – Straying too far off topic from your audience’s interests never ends well. If you have something else to share, find the proper forum.
7. Don’t kick back – Don’t respond negatively to bad feedback. You’ll never win at this! Make sure to respond and stay professional.
8. Brevity is key – Try not to post overly long messages. People will get bored by the time they reach the end.
9. Respond to comments – Whatever you do don’t disable comments. Instead engage here and show them just how much you value their contribution.
10. Use tools – Scheduling posts with tools can help you manage your posting more effectively, especially when you need to be absent. Think Hootsuite, Buffer and a few others.
11. Be visual – Post videos and other graphic content as often as you are able. These get far more engagement and are shared much more than mere text.
12. Focus on a few channels – Whether it is Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, Google+ or Pinterest, pick a few and be active. While it can be a full time job to do most of them effectively, do the ones you’ve committed to with gusto.
13. Mix it up – Post varied types of content so as to keep things interesting. Post, videos, memes, product reviews, testimonials and more.
14. Be generous – Everyone loves a deal, and offering them to your social audience is a terrific way to gain trust and shares.
15. Keep it light – Don’t forget this can be fun! Don’t be scared to be a little edgy, and not so PC!